Monday, August 24, 2009
Bummer. Sorry. Haha. I moved back to school this week so things have been pretty hectic. Between orientation, going to the beach, and meeting new people I have really kept myself occupied.
I am INCREDIBLY blessed with some awesome roommates and floormates this year! I am stoked for what's in store.
Soooo about life. I don't understand why, but for the first time, really ever, I am having SUCH a hard time with forgiveness. Maybe I need time, maybe more space. I will "forgive" but then when I come face to face with what hurt me, the bitterness comes back. It is so hard. I definitely have a weight on my shoulders right now, but I am staying optimistic. My God is the God who provides! He will get me through and teach me how to love and truly forgive.
Picture of the Day: Photobooth with some adorable girlies!
Posted by Christen Allocco at 11:56 PM
Sunday, August 16, 2009
Savior I come
Quiet my soul remember
Where Your blood was spilled
For my ransom
Everything I once held dear
I count it all as lost
Where Your love poured out
Bring me to my knees
Lord I lay me down
Rid me of myself
I belong to You
Oh Lead me, lead me to the cross
You were as I
Tempted and tried
The word became flesh
Bore my sin in death
Now You're risen
Everything I once held dear
I count it all as lost
To your heart
To your heart
Lead me to your heart
Lead me to your heart
Posted by Christen Allocco at 2:54 PM
Friday, August 14, 2009
Posted by Christen Allocco at 11:34 AM
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
1. Marshmallows+ hotdog + mustard + hotdog bun = surprisingly, a good combination!
2. Gossip-free friends are the best kind of friends.
3. God has has a plan that probably is not the same plan I have.
4. Cool kids swim in the fountain... and geese poop lake.
5. Mr. Clean Magic Erasers work wonders.
6. Exercise is crucial and removes some stress :]
7. God's word isn't about being "comforting" or necessarily "giving advice". Micah 4:2 reads, "He will teach us his ways, so that we may walk in his paths." (NIV). The purpose of God's word is to teach us to walk like Jesus.
8. True friends will tell you to pray.
9. Starbucks White Chocolate Mochas... SO GOOD.
10. You can never be too old to make a fort.
11. Always have water balloons on hand.
12. If I finish a class saying "Wow, I really didn't learn much." It's probably because I didn't try to learn.
13. Chapel is pretty cool.
14. Skype is amazing.
15. You can't trust everyone.
16. Entering college does not mean you will enter a relationship. And that's okay! :]
17. Set rules for keeping the apartment clean in the beginning of the year. It will help prevent laziness and the "I didn't agree to that" line.
18. Six hour drives are more fun with other people!
19. Being a college kid doesn't mean you need to eat Ramen.
20. It's important to learn to say no.
21. If you have to change yourself to fit in, then you probably aren't with the right crew.
22. Cursing still isn't cool.
23. God is working somehow in everyone.
24. Pictures are good representations of memories.
25. A wall of snowboarding pictures is definitely necessary.
26. Time management is key.
27. Sometimes you need to take a break.
28. One must always be prepared for spontaneity.
29. The Dollar Store has some good stuff!
30. Don't make the left at the light by CBN Drive. You'll sit waiting for the green arrow for like... five minutes.
31. Order text books from Amazon.com :]
I know these are random, but hey, I'm a random girl! If I think of other "lessons" I will at to the list :].
Also. I need to state that I ran five straight miles yesterday :].
Picture of the Day: One of My First College Memories.
Posted by Christen Allocco at 11:36 PM
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
new yorkYesterday I took the train up to see my loovelllyyy old roommate/roommate-to-be Sarah! She lives on Long Island in New York, so I took the train into Penn Station, then took the Long Island Rail Road and met her! We spent the day chilling in a hotel in the city, eating amazinnggg Italian food, shopping, hitting up the movies for 500 Days of Summer, video chatting, hanging with her family, and just talking! [Every sentence so far has ended with an exclamation point, so I'm going to keep it up!]
Her family was sooo nice and welcoming! I loved how they used similar terms as me! For example, mozzarella and calamari are not pronounced the way they look! I'm not even going to try to spell the words the way they are pronounced; you'll just have to trust me :]!
I took the train(s) back in this morning and found that my car had been... beautified... :]. [Okay, I'm tired of exclamation points.] Meredith and some others wrote with window paint on my car windows- pictures to come.
Sunday night I sort had a bit of a break down, due to circumstances I'm not sure I can publicize. Lol. Regardless, I spoke with a friend who gave me some scripture and I realized that God's got it allll under control. I can't take control of the situation and neither can anyone else, I've got to let Him take charge. After talking it over and reading up Psalms and Micah, I've found a sense of peace. God is good!
picture of the day:
Posted by Christen Allocco at 11:04 PM
Saturday, August 8, 2009
You are so classy. Your lyrics permeate elegance, deep truth and beauty. Really, how do you do it? Oh wait. I just lied. A lot.
I need to state that I strongly dislike Kelly Clarkson's song, "My Life Would Suck Without You." The chorus is so distasteful. "My life would suck without you." I'm trying to stop using the word "suck." It is so unladylike. Maybe you should stop too Kelly, because it's not working for you. Using that word in a song is so trashy. The whole "My life [my life] would suck [would suck]" part is so cheesy. Because saying the line once just isn't enough, let's have an echo! I have to laugh at her every time I hear the chorus.
Songs like this seriously disappoint me. I know that it is just one song with one line, but I feel that women really should not speak or sing that way. Because of this one song, I've lost a lot of respect for Kelly. Sorry girl, better luck with your next "hit."
Picture of the Day: Your Life Stinks? [Note better word] Well, Mine's Amazing
Posted by Christen Allocco at 6:21 PM
Thursday, August 6, 2009
I'm home. I have had a lot of fun grabbing coffee with Emily, Katie, and Meredith, watching Sabrina in a fort at Emily's, and watching movies and drinking tea at Kate's.
I've been running on the boardwalk which has been nice. I went surfing one day too, but the waves were breaking so close to the shore that by the time you stood up you had to jump off.
Other than that I haven't really done much. I miss Virginia because I know that I could be building some new/renewed friendships right now. I'm just praying that the next two weeks are more exciting and meaningful. So far they've just been... bleh [with the exception of the events I mentioned above].
Anyways. Though the surf wasn't the best, the water in Manasquan was phenomenal. Cooler than in Virginia Beach, and a lot fresher feeling that Spring Lake. It was perfect; totally worth mentioning.
Well, that's my life. Now that I think about it, next week should be way more fun. I might visit Claire Bear, I was invited to some parties and get-togethers too, so we'll see :].
Wait. This needs to be noted: I bought zebra print Soffe shorts today. Yes.
Picture of the Day: This Picture Makes Me Laugh
Posted by Christen Allocco at 9:48 PM
Monday, August 3, 2009
Sunday, August 2, 2009
So I'm home. Moved out of my apartment and back in the Dirty Jerz. Leaving Virginia was definitely bittersweet. I have really valued the past few weeks with my friends, so leaving them was a bit tough. However, I've seen my best friends since I've been back so it's been nice.
I've noticed a few things:
1. The weather is so whack. In my two years of driving, I have never experienced such random and heavy rain.
2. There are a bunch of things I am unsettled about in my life. I have never had such a hard time with forgiveness until now. And it has never been so difficult for me to discern between my gut feeling and my own desires. I guess I'm a funk?
3. I miss Coastlands. Worship today in Jersey was just so rigid and lacked passion. I felt like the only reason the congregation sang was because that's what you're "supposed to do." Sigh...
4. P90X is amazing. I'm totally diggin' it.
5. I want to go surfing. So bad.
6. I am [hopefully] going to visit Claire-bear next week! :]
That's all I can think of.
Picture of the Day: Friends on a Ledge
Posted by Christen Allocco at 10:06 PM