Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Entering the home of the Bennys!

new york
Yesterday I took the train up to see my loovelllyyy old roommate/roommate-to-be Sarah! She lives on Long Island in New York, so I took the train into Penn Station, then took the Long Island Rail Road and met her! We spent the day chilling in a hotel in the city, eating amazinnggg Italian food, shopping, hitting up the movies for 500 Days of Summer, video chatting, hanging with her family, and just talking! [Every sentence so far has ended with an exclamation point, so I'm going to keep it up!]

Her family was sooo nice and welcoming! I loved how they used similar terms as me! For example, mozzarella and calamari are not pronounced the way they look! I'm not even going to try to spell the words the way they are pronounced; you'll just have to trust me :]!

I took the train(s) back in this morning and found that my car had been... beautified... :]. [Okay, I'm tired of exclamation points.] Meredith and some others wrote with window paint on my car windows- pictures to come.

peace
Sunday night I sort had a bit of a break down, due to circumstances I'm not sure I can publicize. Lol. Regardless, I spoke with a friend who gave me some scripture and I realized that God's got it allll under control. I can't take control of the situation and neither can anyone else, I've got to let Him take charge. After talking it over and reading up Psalms and Micah, I've found a sense of peace. God is good!

picture of the day:

0 comments: