Wednesday, August 12, 2009

So I've learned a thing or two while in college...

1. Marshmallows+ hotdog + mustard + hotdog bun = surprisingly, a good combination!
2. Gossip-free friends are the best kind of friends.
3. God has has a plan that probably is not the same plan I have.
4. Cool kids swim in the fountain... and geese poop lake.
5. Mr. Clean Magic Erasers work wonders.
6. Exercise is crucial and removes some stress :]
7. God's word isn't about being "comforting" or necessarily "giving advice".  Micah 4:2 reads, "He will teach us his ways, so that we may walk in his paths." (NIV). The purpose of God's word is to teach us to walk like Jesus.
8. True friends will tell you to pray.
9. Starbucks White Chocolate Mochas... SO GOOD.
10. You can never be too old to make a fort.
11. Always have water balloons on hand.
12. If I finish a class saying "Wow, I really didn't learn much." It's probably because I didn't try to learn.
13. Chapel is pretty cool.
14. Skype is amazing.
15. You can't trust everyone.
16. Entering college does not mean you will enter a relationship. And that's okay! :]
17. Set rules for keeping the apartment clean in the beginning of the year. It will help prevent laziness and the "I didn't agree to that" line.
18. Six hour drives are more fun with other people!
19. Being a college kid doesn't mean you need to eat Ramen.
20. It's important to learn to say no.
21. If you have to change yourself to fit in, then you probably aren't with the right crew.
22. Cursing still isn't cool.
23. God is working somehow in everyone.
24. Pictures are good representations of memories.
25. A wall of snowboarding pictures is definitely necessary.
26. Time management is key.
27. Sometimes you need to take a break.
28. One must always be prepared for spontaneity. 
29. The Dollar Store has some good stuff!
30. Don't make the left at the light by CBN Drive. You'll sit waiting for the green arrow for like... five minutes.
31. Order text books from Amazon.com :]

I know these are random, but hey, I'm a random girl! If I think of other "lessons" I will at to the list :].

Also. I need to state that I ran five straight miles yesterday :].

Picture of the Day: One of My First College Memories.

1 comments:

Juana said...

This is such a good list! I can't wait until I experience the ones that deal specifically with Regent :)