Friday, June 19, 2009

Dear Jesus, get me over the Chesapeake Bay Bridge.

So last night I left Starbucks in Virginia Beach at 8:16 p.m. and pulled into my driveway in New Jersey at 2:13 a.m. I made very good time.

It's funny, because last time I blogged about driving home and crossing the Chesapeake Bay Bridge, I was like, "Awww look at the pretty clouds and the nice water." This time around I was like... "Ohhhh poop." As I paid the toll to cross the bridge these stinking DARK clouds rolled in; the lighting was crazy. So there I was, in my little white Focus, in the middle of the bay, with waves crashing around me, an idiot driver going 30 mph in front of me, and lighting flashing over my head. I was praying across that bridge and sent out a mass "please pray for traveling mercies" text. Haha. As you can see, I made it over the bridge and arrived safely at home.

Oh, and I totally surprised my family. None of them knew I was coming. :] Hahaha I am a sneaky girl. I went up to Cat's room and was like, "Move over" and we talked for an hour before falling asleep in her bed. Haha. It was nice to see my little sistaaaaa. :]

Today Charlie and I got our cars washed and then we went longboarding for a bit. He taught me some fun tricks that I am excited to master :].

Meredith is graduating tonight! Which will be exciting. I am so happy for my friend.

Well, I'm gonna peace it. 

Picture of the Day: Summer, summer, summer!

1 comments:

shirl said...

dear christen. i prayed for you last night when it started storming and i am so glad that you posted that you arrived home safely! i hope you have a grrrrrrrrrrreat time this weekend!
sincerely,
the one who tells you what to do. haha :)