Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Cereal boxes.

First off. Hillsong United concert today. SO STINKING STOKED.

Second. Maybe it's just me, but remember when the back of cereal boxes would have super fun games and riddles and mazes? I miss that. I am currently eating "Honey Smacks" for breakfast and I am really disappointed in their box. There are no fun or entertaining games on it, just an advertisement for a flash drive you get if you send in 8 box coupons. Also, the box is Star Trek themed. Now, I really enjoyed the new Star Trek movie, but it was rated PG-13. Is a PG-13 movie appropriate for a cereal box that 5 year-olds will be looking at. There's nothing inappropriate on the box, but if kids want to go see the movie, there are sexual-ish scenes and references that are not suitable for the eyes of children under 13. The flash drive prize is recommended for children 8 and up; that's pretty young. Couldn't they have used Up or something instead of Star Trek? I would imagine that most kids eating this cereal would be between the ages of 4 and 13 [with the exception of me haha].

I don't know. These are just my thoughts.

Picture of the Day: The Box that Needs Fixin'!

0 comments: