Friday, October 23, 2009

Regent :]

So right now I'm at Liberty. Last time I visited Liberty I left with the desire to change things at Regent. I wanted to see Regent flourish spiritually amongst students. I wanted to see more Bible studies and spiritual interaction on a student-to-student basis. The result of that trip was that I was not extremely pleased with Regent's efforts. However this time around, I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Liberty really is a great school. Students are bustling across campus, sitting in class all day, attending events; there is a lot of organized fun and events for students. While Regent isn't at the capacity to have such crazy events and organization, the looseness and trust granted to students has made my college experience very unique.

Rules [or lackthereof] that I appreciate about Regent:

-No curfew: Instead of violating quiet hours, I can be out somewhere else making noise. I can work out at 2 in the morning. I can stay up and finish the movie we started at 11 p.m. I can walk around campus. I love not having the time restriction, it helps me fit in my social life when I need to get my schoolwork in by midnight.

-No dress code: Even though the school doesn't have a dress code, I am still pushed to dress modestly. It creates accountability for me to dress in a God-pleasing manner. I make my own choices, but have to deal and stick with the choices I make. I wear what I wear because it is what I want to put on, not what the school requires. Dressing modestly and honorably is a choice, a choice I am glad I have.

-No room restrictions: I am so glad girls and guys are allowed to hang out in each others rooms. My friends can all meet together for pancake day, or devotionals, or movie time. I have made some really great guy friends and I don't know how well those friendships would have formed if we could not hangout in each other's living space.

Also, while Regent doesn't have football, or a year-round snowboarding slope, there is a lot of room for me to make my own fun. Some of my favorite memories are of me and my friends building forts, cooking, pitching tents, hardcore parkouring, playing volleyball in the rain and going strawberry picking.

Dear Regent,

Even though sometimes I wish you were more like other colleges, I love you and am glad you are the college I go to.

Love, Christen

Picture of the Day: Regent I larve you.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Christen...

You belong at Regent. Bottom line. Why? Because you are cool. Seriously. You are way cool.