Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Radiance.

29 When Moses came down from Mount Sinai with the two tablets of the covenant law in his hands, he was not aware that his face was radiant because he had spoken with the LORD. 30 When Aaron and all the Israelites saw Moses, his face was radiant, and they were afraid to come near him. 31 But Moses called to them; so Aaron and all the leaders of the community came back to him, and he spoke to them. 32 Afterward all the Israelites came near him, and he gave them all the commands the LORD had given him on Mount Sinai.”
-Exodus 34:29-32

- - - -

You knew when Moses met with the Lord. His radiant face gave it away. The Israelites trusted Moses and the commands from the Lord because they knew that God had spoken to His messenger. It makes me wonder. Am I radiant? Can people tell when I speak with the Lord? Do people set me apart because they know that I am a daughter of the Most High, because they can just tell?

Lord, I want to be recognized as Your child. When I meet with you I want my face to GLOW, and reveal who YOU are. May others come to You and seek You with the knowledge that they too will be set aside as servants of the Lord Almighty.

- - - -

“Those who look to him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame.” -Psalm 34:5

0 comments: