Thursday, January 27, 2011

Breakfast

Every week I go out to breakfast with a lovely group of young ladies. They are sweet, fashionable, and love Jesus. I LOVE the time I get to spend just sipping coffee, catching up on life, and enjoying the Broken Egg’s early bird discount. However, there is one thing that separates me from the others. That is a significant other. Two girls are in serious relationships, most likely leading to marriage, and the other, who is the same age as me, has been married for over a year now.

It’s strange how someone the exact same age as me can be in a completely different phase of life. I’m an RA, I make movies, take classes on-campus, and goof off if I have the time.

One girl is married, lives in a house, has a husband (obviously), works, takes online classes, and has two dogs. I would not mind being able to relate a little more. It would be fun to talk about visiting my “man’s” family for Christmas, discuss date plans, and share hilarious stories about my time with him.

This isn’t meant to be a “Christen is sad because she isn’t dating” post, because I’m not sad. Right now my life is film sets, RA stuff, and school; this is what I need to focus on right now.

I wouldn’t mind being able to relate a little more with my friends, but that doesn’t change the fact that my weekly breakfast time is a blessing. And okay, I’ll admit, I secretly really want a box of chocolates (they’re tempting me in the stores), with just the coconut kind (no, not Almond Joys, Stephen), and maybe a teddy bear because I can’t have a kitty in my apartment. But if some boy could manage to get me a real kitty, I suppose I could make arrangements to keep it…

0 comments: