Sunday, March 7, 2010

Remember, oh God!

I've seen a pattern in my reading over the past few weeks.

GOD'S PROMISES WILL BE FULFILLED.

"Has God forgotten to be merciful?
Has he in anger withheld his compassion?
Then I thought, "To this I will appeal;
the years of the right hand of THE
MOST HIGH. I will remember the deeds
of the Lord; yes, I will remember your
miracles of long ago. I will meditate on all
your works and consider all your mighty deeds."
-Psalm 76: 10-12

I think I just forget. I get busy and caught up in school and work and life that I disregard the fact that GOD. IS. STILL. GOD. Despite my films, my friendships, my good days, my bad days; in it all He is still sovereign, He is still in control.

"I sought the Lord and he answered me;
he delivered me from all my fears."
-Psalm 34:4

If I do not SEEK the Lord, how can I expect Him to move, to keep His promises?

"BUT THE LORD STOOD AT MY SIDE
and gave me strength, so that through
me the message might be fully proclaimed
AND ALL THE GENTILES MIGHT HEAR IT"
-2 Timothy 4:17

When it comes down to it, it's not about me. It's not about you, your mom, your grandpa. It's about HIM. I am FULLY CONFIDENT that the Lord will stay true to the promises He claims, but unless we trust Him with everything else, should He really keep His word?

Wemustbefaithful.
Wemustpersevere.
WemustsetfocusonHIM.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Genial post and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you on your information.