Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I think I've grilled enough for the next 3597832 Memorial Day weekends.

I noted in my previous posts that the boys (Derrick, Jordan, and Nic) invested in a grill. Therefore, we found it appropriate to grill every night of Memorial Day weekend. Here's what went down.

Friday: Steak Night! We had a decent sized crew. Just sitting around, eating steak. Oh, and we played DDR. Looootsss of DDR.

Saturday: Jenny, Keith, Chris, Micah, Chuck, Dan and I went to the Pungo Strawberry Festival! I saw pigs race. There's something to cross off my bucket list. Afterwards we haddddddd Chicken Night! Pineapple/honey chicken breast and barbeque chicken thighs and drumsticks.

Sunday: Probably the best tasting night, Fish Night! I made salmon marinated in soy sauce and honey. So delicious. Plus, we had chips, salsa, tomatoe/cucumber/corn salad, America cake, crab dip, and other awesome foods. Oh and we watched the Perfect Score. So ridiculous, haha.
Monday: "Cookout" Night (In NJ, we just call it a barbecue). After a lovely day at the beach, we had hotdogs, hamburgers, sausage, and oatmeal for me (because I didn't feel like paying for more meat). We ended the night by watching (or sleeping through in my case) Tropic Thunder.

Good times.
Chicken Night! :] Thanks Derrick Collins for the picture.






2 comments:

Juana said...

Looks like you had fun! I love meat, so summer grilling is so much fun! But I definitely know how you feel about a meat overload...we ate so many chilli dogs and hambugers last summer. P.S. I love the Perfect Score and steak :)

Christen Allocco said...

It was! Busy, but relaxing. Loved it!